Due diligence and market assessments often include a workstream called “voice-of- the-customer,” in which a consultant interviews a set of customers of a target company or industry.
An important first step of this workstream is to develop an Interview Guide containing questions to be asked during each discussion.
The Umbrex Voice of the Customer Interview Guide is meant to guide consultants through a comprehensive list of interview questions covering topics one might want to ask a customer of a target company, its competitors, or industry experts.
If the due diligence is not focused on one specific target, this playbook can be used to gain insights on an industry as a whole.
The complete table of contents is found below.
Request the Umbrex Voice of the Customer Interview Guide
Table of Contents:
- About “Voice of the Customer” Interviews
- 1. Example Interview Introduction
- 2. Interviewee Demographics
- 3. Awareness
- 3.1 Industry Awareness
- 3.2 Competitive Landscape
- 3.3 Company Familiarity / Use Case
- 3.4 Brand Perception
- 4. Decision Process
- 4.1 Value Proposition/Strengths
- 4.2 Build vs. Buy Decision
- 4.3 Purchase Evaluation
- 4.4 Company Selection
- 4.5 Procurement Process
- 4.6 Switching & Stickiness
- 5. Pricing Model
- 6. Customer Experience
- 6.1 Customer Journey
- 6.2 Use Case
- 6.3 Implementation
- 6.4 Product/Service Experience
- 6.5 Customer Support
- 6.6 Improvement Opportunities
- 6.7 Overall Satisfaction and Retention
- 7. Looking Ahead
- 7.1 Market Trends and Customer Needs
- 7.2 Marketing & Communication Feedback
- 7.3 Product/Service Improvement Suggestions
- 7.4 Future Purchase Outlook
- 7.5 Concept Test
- 8. Company
- 8.1 Collaboration on Research & Development
- 8.2 ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) Factors
- 8.3 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Initiatives