LinkedIn is a great platform for independent consultants to grow their network and establishing their expertise.
One strategy for doing this is to follow big LinkedIn accounts and try to be one of the first people who comment on their posts. You want to look for people with a large number of followers who are also your target audience.
Bookmark those accounts, identify their posting schedule, and create reminders for yourself to go to their profile at their posting time to leave a comment.
Here are some tips for writing effective comments:
- Write something substantive
- Add to the discussion in a meaningful way
- Share your experience and give examples
- Tag the poster in your comment
We’ve done the work for you and developed a spreadsheet of more than 500 of the top LinkedIn content creators, and made it available for you to download — simply fill out the form below. Each creator listing includes:
- Content creator’s name
- How many followers they have
- Days and times they post (research in progress)
- Their LinkedIn content URL
Below the request form you will also find additional resources, including real-life examples of great LinkedIn comments, and our guide to Best Practices to Optimize Your Profile.
Request Access to the Umbrex Top 500+ LinkedIn Content Creators
Please send me the resource
Examples of LinkedIn comments
- Provides an illustration from personal experience
- Asks a question to engage the author in conversation
- Expands the post to share additional points worth considering
- Continues a listicle with additional points
- Provides an additional resource