The following is a directory of event venues in the Melbourne area. Descriptions are provided by the venue.
Each venue is categorized as suitable for any of the following types of events:
- Corporate meeting — Host training, workshops, or an off-site meeting.
- Stand & mingle — When you want guests to move around and mingle. Focus on quiet venues that facilitate conversation. Venues include private rooms in a bar or restaurant as well as apartments or rooftops you can rent.
- Sit-down meal — Primarily restaurants. We seek out quieter venues that allow for conversation.
- Retreat — Host a multi-day off-site retreat, meeting, or workshop with overnight accommodations.
- Special experience — Unique events such as cruises, hot air balloons, cooking classes, walking tours, and other team building activities.
If you would like to suggest a venue in Melbourne, please submit a recommendation here.
Peppers Mineral Springs Hotel Hepburn
Peppers Mineral Springs Hotel Hepburn just over an hour from Melbourne’s CBD along the Western Highway, just 60 minutes from the Melbourne Airport on the Calder Freeway and 60 minutes from Bendigo on the Calder Highway through Castlemaine onto the Midland Highway.
Nothing is spared at Peppers Mineral Springs Hotel, where delegates are introduced to the pleasures of simple luxury, Italian style. Through the topiary gardens, past the scented bay trees you can lead your guests to the breathtaking setting of an authentic Italian village feast. Take them on a guided walk of the enchanting cool climate bush, followed by a visit to the mineral springs and a lavender-infused basalt stone sauna. This is where true passion for simple pleasures and great food and wine inspires a new appreciation for life and life’s work. The purpose-built function centre has a charming garden setting and is ideal for intimate conferences or groups of up to 100.
Address: 124 Main Rd, Hepburn Springs VIC 3461, Australia
Phone: +61 (03) 5348 2202
Type of events: Corporate meetings, sit-down meal, stand & mingle, special experiences, retreats
Recommended by: Mariel Beros, who says, “I’ve used this venue multiple times for a conference and workshops. They’re professional, have several private dining and board style rooms you can use, lots of charm and character in the bar which is located in the art deco part of the establishment, very comfortable bedrooms. Five star. Suitable for all 5 categories of venue that you’ve listed. 90 minutes by car from Melbourne international airport. In a mineral springs area with lots of other dining and accommodation options.”
Other Resources for Finding Event Venues
In addition to the individual event venues listed here, there are also a number of companies and listing platforms that offer many venues across multiple locations. As an additional resource for sourcing the perfect venue for your event, we have created this directory of such websites.