Mary Cummins has an MBA from the Wharton School and an MA with Honors in Electrical Engineering from Cambridge University. Her consulting career includes equity partnership at The Boston Consulting Group, and at Deloitte Consulting. Mary’s experience spans across traditionally siloed healthcare sectors and includes serving on the Board of the Visiting Nurse Service of New York (the largest non-profit home health agency in the US). On this episode, she talks about value-based care and the shift from volume to value in the healthcare system.
Key points include:
- 10:38: Transitioning to new models after the Affordable Care Act
- 16:00: How a hospital adapts to a value-based care system
- 21:09: Examples of how hospitals operate differently
- 23:44: How the pay structure affects the model
- 31:44: Current experiments in value-based care