Safety of employees during the pandemic
Return to Pandemic Playbook main page
Employee safety is of paramount importance. Most workspaces should aim to allow remote working where possible. Where it is not possible, safety procedures are essential. Prevent cross-contamination by keeping a sanitation protocol in work areas.
Areas of safety should include:
- Refresh/strengthen cleaning and disinfection procedures.
- Refresh or create employee screening procedures.
- Screening procedures should be simple and available via a checklist
- Regular and consistent (e.g., before every shift)
- Refresh or create rapid response procedures that include easy to follow directions for managers directing them what do do if screening identifies affected employees.
- Consider investing in an automated compliance tracking management system/ monitoring solution.
If you have a restaurant and it is not mandated to be closed. Click here for a sample restaurant sanitation checklist.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) – latest guidance on COVID-19 employee safety
CDC guidelines – 3 page download
FAQ on Employee Safety – National Law Review
Please send suggestions to improve this playbook to email@example.com