Projecting Cash Flow
Return to Pandemic Playbook main page
It’s crucial to project your cash flow during uncertain business conditions.
For example, if you have an order backlog, contact every customer and prospect to get a sense of whether the order is still valid. Revalue your order backlog based on the responses you receive.
- Use appropriate skepticism when it comes to timing and amounts as others are pursuing the same opportunities you see.
- Build a new revenue projection on a week-by-week level.
- Build a “barebones” cost budget using the suggestions to conserve cash.
- Create a week-by-week cost budget.
- Consolidate your cash-on-hand, revise revenue forecasts and revise costs.
- Calculate your cash position at the end of each week.
Please send suggestions to improve this playbook to firstname.lastname@example.org