You’ve built a website, or you plan to build one – congratulations!
There are roughly two levels of aspiration for a site:
1) Demonstrate credibility to possible clients who have already been referred to you
2) Enable potential clients to discover you via search
If your goal is for potential clients to discover you, you’ll need to invest time and money in search engine optimization (SEO)
Unfortunately, it is easy to spend a lot of money and get exactly zero return on that investment.
If you Google “independent management consultant,” Umbrex shows up on the first page of search results. A key factor in making that happen has been Ian Sabbag, who has been our SEO advisor since early 2021.
In this interactive event facilitated by Will Bachman, Ian will answer our questions about SEO, starting with these:
1. How to establish your SEO strategy, including the choice of keywords you want to rank on
2. How your SEO strategy should influence the design of your site
3. How to incorporate SEO considerations into the visible content of your site
4. What to include in the metadata that Google reads
5. How to set up Google Analytics to monitor your traffic
Time permitting, Ian will do a rapid-fire SEO assessment of a few websites of attendees (who volunteer for the public feedback.)