Setting Up Your Consulting Practice

Course navigation




Obtain Employer Identification Number (EIN)

An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a federal tax identification number for your business entity. You’ll need this EIN for many transactions such as setting up a business checking account, obtaining insurance, and registering as a vendor with clients. You can request a free EIN directly from

Already purchased the Guide? Sign in

Get Lifetime Access to
The Umbrex Guide to Setting Up Your Own
Consulting Practice
90 Videos
30+ templates and tools


Purchase Guide
Previous Video "Register Your LLC"
Next Video "Using Contract Templates"